Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Warehousing Q&A

How quickly can my warehouse process an order?

Warehouses are usually quick. It is likely that a morning order can be shipped that day and an afternoon can be shipped early the next.


Will I have to communicate with my warehouse vendor each time I want to know the status of my account?

Most vendors have a computer system established. At any time you can view the history of orders, leave messages, see numbers relating to stock, etc.


Do I have to use their account for shipping?

You will have the freedom to use your own trucking company, your own Federal Express or UPS account, or use the one owned by the warehouse service.


What if my products arrive from production not completely assembled?

Most warehouse have added services that handle such things. There are even processes that involve partial assembly or combining several idle components. The process is called 'pick packing' or 'kitting.'


Does my company need to be a certain size in order to acquire the services of a warehouse provider?

No. Warehouses charge in relation to the amount of space you use. You do not need to have a big business in order to use their services.

No comments:

 
javascript:void(0)